The COIMA Sustainability Report adopts the GRI Standards published by the Global Reporting Initiative, applied according to the "In accordance" level in order to report all the material impacts of COIMA on the environment, the economy and people and how they are managed.
The document details the progress and results achieved in 2022 and the goals we want to achieve in the near future to generate a positive impact for the community.
Before leaving you to the complete reading, we anticipate some points of particular attention that have marked a year of great results:
- The COIMA ESG City Impact Fund and COIMA Opportunity Fund II were named GLOBAL SECTOR LEADER for their high ESG performance by GRESB (Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark), the most accredited global sustainability assessment system for real estate companies and industry funds;
- 3 NEW FUNDS were classified EX ART.8 SFDR, thanks to the promotion of environmental or social characteristics;
- PORTA NUOVA has become the 1st DISTRICT IN THE WORLD TO HAVE OBTAINED THE DOUBLE LEED AND WELL FOR COMMUNITY SUSTAINABILITY CERTIFICATION, which recognizes the social, environmental and economic sustainability of a real estate project;
- THE REPORTING PERIMETER OF THE SCOPE 3 EMISSIONS, linked to the tenants of the buildings managed by COIMA, has reached 100% COVERAGE;
- THE MATERIALITY ANALYSIS has been updated with the involvement of internal and external stakeholders to take into consideration the impacts deriving from COIMA's activities;
- 30% OF GAV (Gross Asset Value) concerned properties under development with objectives of alignment with the EU Environmental Taxonomy;
- After more than 15 years of development, an analysis conducted by COIMA with The European House – Ambrosetti and TIRESIA – Technology and Innovation Research on Social ImpAct (competence center of the School of Management of the Politecnico di Milano) evaluated the results of ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT, SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC OF THE PORTA NUOVA DISTRICT;
- The CONSTRUCTION WORKS OF THE 2026 WINTER OLYMPIC GAMES VILLAGE have begun in Milan, a project with zero operational emissions that will meet the NZEB (Nearly Zero Energy Building) requirements and will be converted into the largest Italian student accommodation in social housing
Enjoy the reading!